Friday, October 31, 2008

Waterfall Canyon Hike

Since the weather was sooo good and we hadn't been hiking for a couple of weeks we thought it best to get out. Christy was at school and so I loaded up the girls for a quick trip up above Ogden. At the end of 29th street is a good sized trailhead that leads to many canyons. We have never been up Waterfall Canyon so we decided to hit it. The trail goes along the shoreline in the foothills for about 3/4's of a mile. Then it heads into the canyon.

The girls loved it! Leaves were down, the late fall colors were out, and the canyon was nice and cool. Once we got into the canyon it was only another 3/4's until the big waterfall.







The hike was about 1.25 miles long and took us just over an hour to reach the waterfall. It was huge! Not as nice as Adams Canyon but still beautiful in its own way. The first part of the hike was nice and easy but once we got into the canyon the elevation increased dramatically. It was a fun fall hike.

1 comment:

Darcie said...

I love the fall and all your picture are why!! I love the changing of the leafs and the cold breeze. Looks like you are making the most of this warm weather.

On a side note I am making my blog private but I have your email address so you will get an invite in about a week. CRAZY story behind the reason.

I guess we will see you on the 15th for Natalie's wedding and the 16th for the family christmas party!!!

Hope all is well and tell your wife that I said Hi!! Is she going to the bridal shower on Saturday??